We are always looking for new voices. The ones who contribute to this blog are people that we have known for some time, and whose musical knowledge/perspective we enjoy reading. We hope you enjoy their perspective as well.
We’ve known A. Level since high school. In fact, we carpooled together before we each got our drivers licenses. In high school, we also played in the orchestra. She was a flautist [insert inappropriate “American Pie” joke here]. Her taste in music spreads across the gamut and we take her musical opinions pretty darn seriously. Hell, anybody who invites us to go see a Depeche Mode concert at the Staples Center gets automatic brownie points. She also worked stage production (specifically lighting) on both high school and college dramatic productions, so if she has something to say about how great or poor the lighting and stage production is for a particular show, I tend to listen. In fact, we love when she rails on something she dislikes. hehehe. We hope you do too.
- Dear Kanye … Your Stage Production is Overrated, And What’s Up With The Cheescake?
- Cyndi Lauper & Cher: Larger Than Life and Brighter Than Rhinestones | Staples Center | 7/7/14 [REVIEW]
- Lady Gaga: Booty Shorts, Bikini Tops & Teddies, Oh My! | Staples Center | 7/21/14 [REVIEW]
- Mötley Crüe: The Final (Maybe) Tour | Verizon Wireless Amphitheater | 7/22/14 [Concert Review]
Max is a former attorney former attorney who abandoned law to add more acronyms to the end of his name. Writes mostly on Spain and Latin America …and other stuff too. He also rocks a pretty mean ‘stache. He’s turned me on to some great music … and we both have the shared experience of getting our hearts broken at a concert where greatness was expected, but we left with some aural poop. Music experiences, whether good or bad, are a bonding experience. We think you’ll like this guy’s real talk. We sure do.
- Bad Religion, The Scandals & Baby Baby | Mayan Theater | Red Bull Sound Select’s “30 Days In LA” | 11/9/14 [Concert Review]
- Jamestown Revival, Nikki Lane & Pete Molinari | The Troubadour | 11/30/14 [Concert Review]
Erin graduated from my alma mater, Cornell University (Go, Big Red!) and is a hell of writer. By day, she produces reality TV shows, by night, she’s my go-to-gal for music festivals and last minute concerts. Having sung in college, she’s got an ear for what good and what’s bad, and having watched over 100 bands perform with me, I know that her musical interests is top notch. In fact, she’s turned me to more artists than I can count.
Kate is a lawyer now earning her M.B.A. at Michigan. Kate spent 3 ½ years with Interscope Records as a Graduate Intern in Branding and Merchandising and as a Coordinator in the Pop Marketing Department.
Grethel is a musician. She specializes on the guitar. She knows a thing or two about music.
If you’d like to contribute to our blog, prep a writing sample and shoot us a message. The more the merrier!