KCRW returns to Century Park in Century City this summer for FREE all-ages outdoor concerts inspired by theAnnenberg Space for Photography’s newest exhibit,“Country: Portraits of an American Sound,“ which will be on display through September 28th, 2014.
I was approved for a media pass the during the week before first concert in the series, so I wasn’t able to post a preview for the first concert, but I will be posting previews and reviews/photos for the second two concerts of the series.
All of the concerts that are a part of this series are free and open to the public, provided that you RSVP and arrive early enough to gain admittance before the venue reaches capacity. The doors for the concerts open at 5pm and the line for each show starts at 3pm. I highly recommend getting to the venue early to wait in line, as the lines for the concerts will definitely be long, with the potential to wrap around blocks (note, plural, blocks) in Century City.
You can RSVP for the shows on the KCRW website. CLICK HERE to get redirected to the website.
Below are my blog entries for this concert series:
July 19, 2014
- Annenberg Space for Photography Exhibit: “Country: Portraits of an American Sound” | Review (Coming Soon)
- Sturgill Simpson | Photos and Review
- Gregg Allman | Review
July 26, 2014
- Jamestown Revival | Preview | Photos and Review
- Shelby Lynne | Preview | Photos and Review
August 2, 2014
- Wynonna & The Big Noise | Preview | Photos and Review
- Nikki Lane | Preview | Photos and Review